Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More Plumbing Excitement

The photo below is taken in the bathroom area upstairs. Here you can see the vent line that comes up from the kitchen sink (below... on the main floor), the bathroom sink drain, and the vent that goes up through the roof.

The orange test caps are installed just so as to cap off the drain system until the plumbing inspection is done. They seal the system so that I can fill it up with compressed air and check for leaks. Once the inspection is done, I'll take the caps off and finish up.

Once the plumbing inspection is done, I'll put in a piece of pipe to connect the drain system with the vent through the roof (the blue lines). I left this section of pipe out for now... so that I could put the test cap here... inside the house. If I would have put this section of pipe in now, the test cap would've had to go up on the roof. I honestly don't know if the plumbing inspector will be okay with this idea, but I sure hope so. I don't want to have to get back up on the roof just to put on and then take off a test cap.

(Click on the photo to enlarge it.)




No comments:

Post a Comment